A cold, satisfying, fruit-and-veggie salad is just perfect for the summer! We JUST got done with a mad crazy heat wave that sent me spiraling on an “eat only the cold things!” spell, with a touch of “eat only the things I don’t have to turn on stoves or oven for!”Something about chilled refreshing cucumbers just sounded perfect all week long. I bought a large one and threw some on green salads, made little cucumber-only side salads, and then got really excited when I glanced around Preston’s kitchen and saw the makings for this awesome cold cucumber, corn and avocado salad.
Cold juicy cucumber, grilled-then-chilled corn, perfect creamy avocado, a little red onion, and some chopped cilantro throughout.
It’s perfect. Such happy colors, healthy foods, a flavorful combination!
- 1/2 large cucumber, halved then thinly sliced
- 1 ear corn (next time I'll make it with 2)
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 T cilantro, finely minced
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw the ear of corn on a grill or George Foreman until all sides are charred. Then refrigerate until cool.
- Mix the lime juice and olive oil together and set aside.
- Slice the kernels off the cob, and mix the corn with the rest of the ingredients through the cilantro. Pour the lime juice vinaigrette on top, and mix well.
- Calories: 210; Calories from Fat: 155; Total Fat: 17.2g; Saturated Fat: 3.1g; Sodium: 5mg; Potassium: 465mg; Total Carbohydrates: 15.4g; Dietary Fiber: 5.0g; Sugars: 2.0g; Protein: 2.5g