I have a brand new favorite easy weeknight meal. It’s healthy, satisfying, SO fun, and really easy to customize to fit your own preferences!
It’s kabobs. Mostly veggies with a couple fun things thrown in for flair.
This was the first meal Preston and I made on our brand new grill before he left, and I’ve already made them (or a similar version) three more times. They’re so easy and fantastic.
This is not so much a recipe post as a how-to with a bunch of suggestions!
So here’s the process:
1. Pick your veggies and whatever else you want on kabobs.
2. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes (so they don’t catch fire on the grill….) or just use metal ones, but obviously be careful when dealing with those because they’ll be too hot to touch!
4. Skewer everything.
5. Drizzle with a little oil of choice.
6. Season with whatever you like.
7. Grill on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes per side (depends on what you’ve skewered and how soft/hot/etc. you want it.)
** bell peppers
** brussels sprouts! (cut them in half so they get softer)
** potatoes, sweet potatoes, or yams (steam or boil them first)
** zucchini or any other squash
for a little flair:
** cubed French bread (seriously amazing)
** vegan sausages or meatballs
** artichoke hearts
** a little fruit! pineapple, peaches, watermelon all grill well and go surprisingly well with savory dishes!
for the seasoning:
** use flavored olive oils
** marinate your skewer in a dressing or barbeque sauce
** add chili oil or a few drops of hot sauce
** use a seasoning mix or your favorite mix of herbs – I love Spike seasoning, Montreal Chicken seasoning (it’s great on veggies!), or a pre-mixed Cajun seasoning!
** sweet chile sauce
** sriracha mayo: three parts mayo to one part sriracha (or maybe less sriracha depending on how spicy you want it!)
** Italian dressing
** vegan ranch dressing
** teriyaki sauce
** barbecue sauce
** buffalo sauce