Hiiiii, lovelies! Happy Thursday afternoon! How ARE you???
I meant to get this up in the morning, but this day has been insane and I’m just now on my lunch break at 3pm! Goodness. Fine by me, just means the last couple hours of work will whizz right by me. I’m absolutely loving the spring-like evenings and all the gorgeous happy blooming trees! (Though I could do without the trees by my office that completely covered my freshly-cleaned car — which I almost NEVER clean — with pollen all week long.)
I’m pretty damn happy the light evenings are making after-work exercise easier because Preston and I have been trying and failing pretty hard to work out in the mornings for awhile now. But all those early alarms did get me out of bed earlier than usual and got me productive around the apartment cleaning, blogging, knitting, or maybe just watching TV some mornings 😉 Last week I was feeling a little less enthused than normal about packing myself yet another salad for lunch so I decided to quickly whip up these awesome sriracha garlic roasted chickpeas and they were SO fantastic! I had to share.
Can’t really go wrong with sriracha and garlic + herb seasoning on roasted chickpeas.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 t oil of choice
- 1 T + 1 1/2 t sriracha, divided
- 2 t garlic + herb seasoning
- 1/2 t salt
- (anything you want, really)
- 6 C greens of choice
- 4 oz can sliced olives
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 T dressing (I LOVE this Litehouse sweet onion dressing with the spicy chickpeas)
- sriracha chickpeas!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat chickpeas in oil, 1 T sriracha, garlic + herb seasoning, and salt. Spread on a cooking-sprayed pan and cook for 35 minutes, tossing once or twice in the middle. Immediately after removing them from the oven, coat in the remaining sriracha and allow to cool.
- Toss everything together!
- For a serving of chickpeas | Calories: 216; Calories from Fat: 55; Total Fat: 6.1g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Sodium: 452mg; Potassium: 438mg; Total Carbohydrates: 31.8g; Dietary Fiber: 8.7g; Sugars: 5.3g; Protein: 9.7g
- For the whole salad | Calories: 437; Calories from Fat: 200; Total Fat: 22.3g; Saturated Fat: 4.2g; Sodium: 1248mg; Potassium: 1135mg; Total Carbohydrates: 48.4g; Dietary Fiber: 14.7g; Sugars: 8.1g; Protein: 13.6g
Leftover makeover tip | Sometimes leftover roasted chickpeas lose a bit of their crunch – if that happens to you, or if you just want to spruce them up a bit, throw them in a dry nonstick skillet and heat them up while bringing back some crunch! I did that and added some extra sriracha and then threw them in some leftover tomato soup. Divine. 🙂