It’s finally CORN SEASON, guys!
I am so excited 🙂
Plus, this is my first corn season with my own barbecue, so that’s just awesome.
I really wanted to do some kind of fun seasoned corn, preferably something dripping in sauce or blackened with spices or something awesome to dip it in. I hadn’t figured out what I would do until I was driving home from work on the day that I hoped to make and photograph this corn. But MAN was it a good call.
PIZZA flavored corn. Dripping rich buttery pizza flavoring melting over hot grilled corn on the cob.
I took inspiration from this awesome recipe of Giada’s that I’ve had flagged for ages for pizza popcorn – she melts this pizza-flavored butter concoction over hot popcorn.
So I made a vegan version and melted it on this corn. (Plus I melted some on top of some fish that I made, Preston’s first time in a million years trying fish in non-sushi form. Pizza flavoring seemed like the place to start…)
Holy hell, it was divine.
I would make it again immediately, but I promptly used up my sun dried tomatoes making this pizza butter two more times, once for popcorn the way it was intended, and once for more corn.
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 T softened margarine (I'll bet coconut oil would be great too, but I haven't tried it)
- 3 T sun dried tomatoes
- 1 T fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t salt
- *crushed red pepper to taste (we both agreed some spice would be great in this. I'd blend crushed red pepper in next time. Preston just doused his corn in sriracha.)
- Cook corn on medium-high grill for about 15 minutes, rotating frequently until it is nicely charred.
- Blend everything together in a food processor (I used my mini one for such a small portion, but there were still some large pieces of sun dried tomatoes. Eh, well.)
- Spread the butter mixture over the hot corn.