Happy happy Friday, internet friends!!!
I am SO bummed that my awesome time off is already coming to a close. But I’m excited to start my new job on Monday, and I’m really happy that I actually am going to finish the gigantic to do list I made myself for my time off. I tend to make incredibly unrealistic lists, and this one was HUGE, but I only have two things left! Woo hoooooo!
I just hope that I keep up all the cooking after my new job starts. It has been a GREAT week and a half of homemade meals with all kinds of fun parts and components. Luckily this one is easy for a weeknight meal, so fingers crossed I keep it up….!
Today I’m sharing a fantastic raw Thai veggie salad I made to go with some fantastic Thai red curry pasta (posting that recipe soon too!) This came together in less than 10 minutes and was fantastic. I grabbed what I had on hand, and you can easily sub whatever you have on hand and like raw! The dressing is just fantastic and flavorful and really makes raw veggies a lot more exciting to eat!
- 1/4 C seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 t honey
- 1 1/2 t toasted sesame oil
- 1 t hot chili oil
- 1/4 t hot chili flakes (I used the ones at the bottom of my chili oil, but crushed cayenne would be perfect instead)
- 1/4 C red onion, chopped
- 1/2 C bell pepper, chopped (orange is BEAUTIFUL in here!)
- 1/2 C cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 C cooked edamame
- Whisk everything together! Taste it to see if it needs salt or any other adjustments!
- Toss all salad ingredients in the dressing. I refrigerated it for about an hour before eating and that was great.
- Calories 270; Calories from Fat 110; Total Fat 12.2g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Sodium 143mg; Total Carbohydrates 26.0g; Dietary Fiber 6.7g; Sugars 10.0g; Protein 17.5g