HELLLooooooooo, loves! Happy Monday! (Maybe?) How were your holidays?
I had a spectacularly lovely Christmas, and would do it all over again, like, rightnow. Going back to work the Monday after fantastical holidays is suuuuuper lame. And I have to get up and leave extra early today to drive out to an out-of-county hearing this morning, so it’s going to be ROUGH.
BUT I thought I’d kick off the week by sharing a stupid good recipe for this mediterranean panzanella salad with crispy mahi mahi I’ve made a few times recently that is one of the easiest, healthiest meals you can whip up on a weeknight. Say, a tough weeknight back from holidays that makes you want to order pizza and live in your pj’s for as long as humanly possible to regain the holiday feeling. You can make this while IN your pj’s and it takes way less time than ordering a pizza and is reaallllly good.
I also think a salad with huge cubes of crusty bread is kind of the perfect way to eat mostly healthy while giving yourself a delightful happy treat.
You could make this with any kind of fish, and I made the exact same meal with chicken breast filets for Preston. You could also skip the breading part to make it a bit healthier, but I think the payoff is totally worth it.
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/2 C kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used a third each of three different colors to make it beautiful and vibrant!)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 4 slices roasted garlic french bread (pugliese, olive, rosemary, etc., would all be good)
- 2 pieces mahi mahi
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 1 T avocado oil
- 2 T prepared pesto
- Cut the bread into cubes and bake for about 10 minutes at 325 until lightly golden.
- Toss all chopped ingredients together. Coat with your favorite dressing, or simply dress with balsamic or red wine vinegar and oil.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat the mahi mahi in the flour, heat the avocado oil in the skillet, and cook for about 4 minutes per side (time to cook will vary depending on the thickness of the cut) until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place the mahi mahi on top of the salad and top with a tablespoon of pesto.
For those of you making resolutions to eat healthier or cook more wholesome meals at home, this one is perfect for you!
Hope you all have a good Monday! 🙂