Oh BOY, do I have an awesome cocktail for you guys today. Who doesn’t want watermelon peach margaritas???
I obviously just couldn’t let the summer go by without a margarita recipe, RIGHT?
In fact, there’s been a surprising lack of boozy recipes here lately… weird. So unlike me 😉
This guy makes up for it.
There are fantastical watermelon margaritas at a small local Mexican food chain, Dos Coyotes. LOVE them. They’re somehow the perfect combo of that candy-like watermelon flavor but not at all candy-sweet. Finally, a friend of mine got the answer: watermelon syrup plus sweet and sour mix! In a margarita… so cool and so unusual.
So I’m bringing the same things to a blended PEACH margarita. Except I figured since I’m blending super sweet watermelon syrup into a drink, I’d stick with a homemade alternative to sweet and sour mix: just a whooooole lot of lime and lemon juice. More than you’d normally use in a marg.
- 2 1/2 C frozen peach slices
- 2 oz triple sec
- 4 oz tequila
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 3 oz watermelon syrup + 1 oz to pour on top
- salt and/or sugar for glass rims
- Blend everything except spare ounce of watermelon syrup together.
- Swipe a cut lime across the rims of your glasses and dip in your choice of sugar or salt. I did a mixture of colorful sugar, silver sugar, and salt.
- Pour margarita into your glasses. Drizzle the last of the watermelon syrup over the top. For an extra boozy kick, dump a little tequila bottle in there 😉