I almost forgot about December goals! DANG!
November Little Goals Recap:
1. Finish all my Christmas shopping early. DONE! I ordered my last present on December 1st, so I’m totally counting that. Now all that’s left is stocking stuffers, which I LOOOOOVE! I’ll be collecting those over the course of the next few weeks!
2. Spend at least 20 minutes every weekday crafting. I didn’t really keep track of this, and I know I didn’t do it every weekday. But I did make it way more of a priority to spend more time relaxing on weekdays – in ways OTHER than staring at the TV. I’m going to repeat this one this month but actually keep track 😉
3. Enjoy at least a few minutes outside everyday. Well, thanks to Ned’s need to… y’know… pee, I certainly got outside at least a few minutes. But there were still more days than intended that I spent locked up in my office and didn’t even leave during lunch, or spent all my free time at home inside in my sweats and blankets. Still need to get myself out on that balcony more! So I’m repeating this goal too, and adding a little balcony project to make that a cozy place 😉
December Little Goals:
1. Spend at least 20 minutes every weekday crafting. I just got a CRICUT too, so this should be even more exciting and motivating! So many fun possibilities!!!
2. “Winterize” the balcony. Seems like at the end of summer, the balcony just hangs in limbo until spring when I do a big cleanup. Dead pepper plants just stay as they are, leaves pile up, the barbecue gets covered in whatever the weather sends its way. I DID get a cover for the barbecue this year, so it looks a bit cleaner. (Though we totally threw the new cover over the filthy barbecue, HA!) This year, I want to clear out the dead plants, pick up all the leaves, maybe get some candles or a little tabletop lantern to have out there in the cold. We do already have it perfectly covered in twinkle lights, and I DO make it a habit of turning them on a lot. But I want to make it a little more enjoyable to take a blanket and a cup of cocoa out there.
3. Enjoy at least a few minutes outside everyday. Take two.
4. Plan four great dinners a week! I’ve talked a lot about meal planning here and consider myself a pretty damn good planner. But instead of planning awesome dinners lately, I’ve kind of wound up in a rotation of the same few meals that require me to buy the same few ingredients, and on the occasion I feel like something else it’s a separate grocery trip. So I’m getting back to my usual ways and picking four awesome dinners each week and buying supplies on the weekend for them. Maybe that’ll result in some fun menu posts or new recipe roundups for y’all too…. we shall see!