Time for my second-ever Thinking Out Loud post. Today’s is really out of desperation for a blog post today for my Blogmas!
I gotta say, it’s actually been super fun so far to get the motivation to post everyday. Though the last several days you may have noticed my posts are going up late in the evening!
So today I expected to get out of work super early… but did not. I was kinda saving my “get a post together” efforts for an afternoon and evening off. SO you get the rambling instead.
1. Quick update on my week: I mentioned that I’m in TRIAL this week at work! It’s been super fun and exciting for a change. I’ve never really been in trial like this before. I’ve helped out here and there, mostly at jobs that I had during law school. But this is the first trial where I’ve been involved in the case from almost day 1 (my office literally got this case one week before I started at my current job, so I was put on it as soon as I started and it’s been my WHOLE year and a half at this firm…. I mean, I have other cases. But still. Ya feel me?) We finished up today, but have to wait for the decision so….. we’ll see!
2. Ummmmm who else loves Grape Nuts??? Because I LOVE them, but suddenly can’t find them ANYWHERE. I’m so annoyed. I looked a few places this weekend, and no luck. I work next to a health food store, so I’m investigating this weekend. And of course, Preston has never heard of them before and thinks I’m crazy. (For those wondering, Grape Nuts are a fantastic CEREAL. Super healthy. But the awesome fun part is it’s good cold, and is a super crunchy brekkie, but if you microwave it they turn soft almost like oatmeal. I will FIND some and share with y’all.)
3. It’s been raining here the last few days and I love it. We’ve had super misty foggy days with the rain which are just GORGEOUS. I snapped a few pictures from the top of a parking garage today hahaha. AH, I die. So pretty.
4. EXCEPT it’s making the traffic extra insane. I mean, THE WORST EVER. Normally we really don’t have too much to complain about as far as traffic goes here, but this week has been beyond atrocious. Yesterday I actually couldn’t take it anymore and just detoured to go harass my sister and wait for the traffic to die down. I live on the opposite side of the Sacramento River from the heart of Sacramento (and from where I work.) Meaning to get home from the main area of Sac, and from my job, I have to cross a river. And there are only so many ways to do that (like just a few.) So when the traffic is psychotic, I really don’t have alternate routes to take… Worst part about living near the river.
5. SPEAKING OF THE RIVER, there were two independent reports of DOLPHIN SIGHTINGS IN SACRAMENTO TODAY!!!! Like, just a few miles away from my apartment. In the river. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????? This is crazy. We do get sea lions semi-often. And we’ve had a few famous WHALES make it up here before. But I’ve never heard of dolphins making it all the way up to Sac! I did a quick search, and there are all kinds of varying opinions – maybe it (they?) is a porpoise of some kind… or maybe people are communally smoking something.
6. I am filming some VLOGS for Blogmas! I thought it would be super fun since Blogmas was inspired by YouTubers to do a few videos! So I’ve been filming random bits and pieces the last few days… but since my week has been so weird, tiring, and full of extra horrendous traffic so far it feels super whiny. I haven’t looked back at what I have yet, so I guess I’ll see what it feels like when I finish up. But I figure I’ll do that as un-whiny as possible, maybe throw in a more normal day or two (maybe a day-in-the-life) for a separate video, AND I’m going to do some kind of cooking video.
7. My presents are all wrapped and under the tree(!!!!!!) I still have a little bit of stocking stuffer buying to do. But otherwise… totally finished 😀
8. But the only Christmas decorations I’ve gotten out are the tree and its ornaments! Still gotta get the rest out!!! Maybe this weekend…
AND I’m officially pooped. It’s just after 8 and I am most definitely going to be asleep less than 30 minutes after posting this…. so good night y’all, I’ll see you tomorrow! On FRIDAY!!!! (WHAT?! Awesomest part about a busy crazy week is that holy shit it flew by and now it’s almost the weekend. Yassssssss!)