Hello frieeeends! Today I’m just sharing our weekly workouts, menu, and meal prep. No recipe or special tips this week because I’ve been busy fixing that annoying recipe issue I was bitching about this weekend 😉
Nearly fixed, but I had to save all my recipes that used that little recipe box because I don’t have them saved anywhere else (YIKES.) Fingers crossed. Everything should be back to normal tonight.
Going through my old recipes was actually weirdly fun, too. I’ve got a little list of old favorites I’m going to revisit. And probably blast on social media a bit so they don’t get forgotten. Oh yeah, and I know I promised cool pics of a monastery but we had to postpone! Pictures coming in two weeks.
Anyhow, boyfriend and I had another good meal prep day this Sunday. We’re dialing it in! It took way less time than the last couple weeks!
So let’s get right into all my little recaps…
Monday | 3 mile walk + killer back/delt strength training sesh
Tuesday | rest
Wednesday | unplanned rest…
Thursday | HIIT – sprints + plyo
Friday | short jog with the pup and a quickie leg workout
Saturday | arms + back strength training
Sunday | an easy walk with the man and the pup
Not quite as good on the workout front as the last couple weeks. We made the mistake of planning a rest day Tuesday, but then things came up Wednesday so we skipped that too, and by the time we got to Thursday of a short week, it seemed really hard to squeeze in a workout. Oh, well! We recovered pretty well. But this week we get NO planned rest days.
Monday | breaded tilapia + lemon butter sauce (YUM) + orzo
Tuesday | veggie burgers + sweet potato fries
Wednesday | sushi with friends
Thursday | frozen TJ’s honey walnut shrimp + broccoli
Friday | I cannot remember for the life of me…
Saturday | tilapia + a fantastic orzo dish
Sunday | all the unhealthy things at an Oscars birthday party for a friend! mimosas, egg bakes, bagel, candy…. and a little fruit. zero regrets.
the meal prep:
- salad for my work lunch – I was only supposed to have one normal lunch at work last week, so I just prepped a salad. Then everything else got changed or canceled so I wound up eating two meals out and starving the fourth day…. boooo.
- slow cooker tri tip for boyfriend (pre-seasoned from Costco, cooked in broth and a TON of sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo) + rice + frozen veggies
- hummus + veggies for snacks for both of us
- flapjacks on the go – have you had the Kodiak Cakes flapjacks on the go?? They’re AMAZING. And like $3 each. So I tested my own recipe and made a success! Coming soon….!!!
- Kodiak Cake muffins – we also prepped some muffins from the recipe on the Kodiak Cakes box (but subbed applesauce for bananas bc I am not a big banana fan)
That’s all for now! Happy hump day, my friends 🙂