Well, friends, we’re in the middle of an eight-day heatwave (ALREADY!) with temps in the HUNDREDS, so I’m calling it: Summer started early.
We skipped spring almost altogether this year.
Normally this would send me into a bit of a frenzy because I LOVE spring and typically hate summer, but we have beautiful peonies, all the fresh fruit, loads of water back in California post-drought. And last summer was the best ever (have I said that enough?) so I’m just going to give myself an attitude adjustment and get excited. 🙂
And my FAVORITE way to get excited about a new season is to dream up all the lovely things I’ll do to celebrate the season. Last summer was the first time I’ve actually crossed everything off my list. It’s typically just an exercise in picturing what I COULD do that season.
- Make sangria
- Go for evening walks
- Camp somewhere new
- Go rappelling and zip lining at Moaning Cavern
- Picnic on a beach somewhere
- Visit Apple Hill. Normally the first thing on a Fall Bucket List, but it seems I’ve had more people in the last few months tell me not to forget about Apple Hill during the rest of the year than ever before!
- Revisit our favorite campsite from last summer
- Go to a River Cats game (our local minor league baseball team)
- All the kayaking
- Make frosé (already tried one amazing recipe.)
- Go house boating at Shasta Lake. That one’s at the top of boyfriend’s summer bucket list.
- Do a river float.
- Play tennis. Or at least pretend like I can.
- Go to the state fair.
- Incorporate fruit in my meals. Like, getting creative cooking with fruit IN my actual meals.
- Spend lots of time on the balcony.
- Take a paddleboarding yoga class.
- Experiment with summer cocktails.
- Grow pepper plants again.
- Play with some new barbecue techniques/toys/tools. Cedar planks. Maybe a salt slab. How bout a smoker?
- Make time for early or late workouts outside.
What’s on your summer bucket list?