Oh my frieeeeeeends, we made it to Friday!!!
Super hard on a short week, eh?
It has actually been super hard for me to focus at work this week because the weekend got me all riled up over fun summer festivities! And today I’m heading out to go camping right after work, so hoorah!
Today I have another little VIDEO for you guys! This one’s just a little quickie. A fun little cocktail recipe. What’s better in the summer than an herb simple syrup and muddled blackberries? With rum.
Nothing is better than that.
Hope you enjoy my little video, and have a marvelous Friday, my friends!!!
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- about 5 fresh blackberries
- 1 oz thyme simple syrup
- 2 oz rum
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- limes, lemons, blackberries, and/or thyme for garnishes
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool. Remove thyme sprigs and set aside.
- Muddle fresh blackberries in the bottom of a martini shaker. Add ice and the rest of the ingredients (except garnishes.) Shake.
- Add ice, lemon and lime slices (if desired) to a glass, and pour in the cocktail. Add extra garnishes on top!