My darling friends!!!
I cannot BELIEVE it is Wednesday already! And I’m sorry for not stopping by earlier this week!
Monday night was totally consumed with booking exciting things for our ICELAND trip!!! We’ve already booked our visit to the Blue Lagoon, a northern lights tour, got our rental car (Preston is very proud that we somehow managed to be real adults and figure out what the real deal with insurance is….).
Anyhow. But I am getting OLD as hell and after staying up super late Monday (and then not sleeping because the little kid in me was too excited to sleep), I have been dragging the rest of the week. Ugh. The worst.
Though it’s been so extreme I kind of wonder if I’m fighting something off… I always get extra sleepy when my body is trying not to get sick!
But tonight I finally got together the bare minimum energy to watch this video that I finished almost a whole WEEK AGO and make sure it’s ready to share with y’all!
I filmed a really easy buddha bowl meal that is SO yummy and SO easy to meal prep! This was hands-down one of my favorite meal prepped lunches I’ve ever made.
On Father’s Day, my parents had bowls like these out (with this yummy SAUCE) as a little make-your-own bar. And I realized how perfect they would be for meal prep. Since Preston and I eat so differently, this was a nice way to eat the same thing and do a lot of the same prep, but we can so easily make little changes to our lunches.
I’m just showing you my vegan tofu buddha bowls in the video, but for Preston we did the same thing, marinating chicken in a similar marinade (except his had loads of sriracha). And we threw some frozen veggies that boyfriend likes into his bowls.
So here’s the video and the recipe! Happy meal-prepping! 🙂
- 5 C cooked rice
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 2/3 C chopped cilantro
- 1/3 C pickled ginger
- 1 1/4 C frozen edamame
- 1/2 bottle soyaki teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- dash crushed red pepper
- 1 package sprouted tofu
- 1/3 C soy sauce
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1 t grated ginger
- 1 t grated lemongrass
- 1 t crushed garlic (or 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1 t maple syrup
- 1 T avocado oil
- Prep rice and all of your toppings and set aside.
- For the sauce, whisk together teriyaki, peanut butter, and crushed red pepper to taste. You can dilute it to taste too if the flavor is too strong.
- For the tofu marinade, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, and maple syrup. You can adjust all of the seasonings to taste. For Preston's bowl, we omitted the ginger and added a lot of sriracha. Cube tofu and toss in marinade. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat avocado oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and stir occasionally. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, until it reaches the texture you like best.