Alright, guys. Here’s a post that everyone and their mom has done. I know.
We all love Trader Joe’s.
BUT here’s the thing. Personally, no matter how many “Trader Joe’s Favorites” posts I’ve read, every time I see one I squeal with excitement because I totally love them! Endlessly.
So I assumed I must not be the only weirdo out there who can’t get enough of what everyone else buys at good ol’ TJ’s, so I’m offering up my faves 🙂
As we shopped this weekend, I snapped pictures of everything I love to buy at Trader Joe’s but decided I would cap it at my top 15 favorites. I kind of cheated and made a couple more like categories though, so…. there’s still a ton.
- Peppermint Cremes. The newest favorite! They are seasonal, which is good. Because I have very little self control around them. And they ARE sickeningly sweet (the only self control I have is when my stomach starts to hurt after I’ve had two or three… maybe four.) But dang these are so good.
- Vegetarian Chilli. One of my favorite no-effort meal prep lunches. Just this plus some sweet potatoes and I’m happy.
- Veggie Burgers. Another category. But seriously, they’re the best. The pizza ones are 😍 though not the healthiest. Thai sweet chili. Vegetable masala. Those new hi-protein ones are suuuper good!
- Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Low Sodium). I keep meaning to branch out and eat more soups, but I’m always disappointed when they’re not as good as this one. It’s fantastic as is, spiced up, with veggies or beans added, and it’s soooo good with some super seasoned focaccia to dunk in it.
- Tofurkey Italian Sausage. I thought about not putting this on the list because it’s NOT a Trader Joe’s product. But it’s something I buy almost every single time I go to TJ’s. This is hands-down my favorite processed food ever. Whenever I try to cut out processed food and focus on whole foods (which is a lot), I’m always like “except my Tofurkey sausage.”
- Peach Moscato. I’m excited about this one because I don’t see anyone else talking about it. I found this by accident and I don’t think I even meant to get the peach one. But it is suuuuuuch a yummy dessert wine. I also used it to make gummy bears over the summer, which was rather spectacular 😉
- 21 Seasoning Salute. If you have not tried this seasoning yet, you MUST. I put it on all the things
- Soycutash. We eat this stuff allll the time. Edamame, corn, and bell peppers! So many of our favorite things.
- Cauliflower Cheese Pizza.This is quickly becoming our go-to Sunday lunch. Groceries in the morning, cauliflower pizza for a quick lunch. Every now and then I’ll spice it up and add to it. But it’s fantastic on its own.
- Frozen fruit. An obvious TJ’s favorite. But I am smoothie obsessed and they have all the fruit I want (and now frozen coconut meat!!!) for awesome prices.
- Medium Roast coffee. THE best budget coffee around.
- Broccoli & Kale Slaw. I LOVE this prepared salad. And I love the dressing it comes with. I rarely use the dried fruit or seeds on the salad, but they make for decent snacks. I love that this is hearty enough to dress ahead of time so it can be a meal prepped lunch.
- Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels. We need to have a serious talk about these because it’s been a couple months since my store has had them and I’m starting to panic a little. They’re the BEST. I mean, the good news is I’m 99% sure that they’re just Gardein rebranded because now Gardein has the same shape and sauce. So I can still find them elsewhere. But for more money and less convenience than at TJ’s!
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa. The fresh one from the refrigerated section. This is my FAVORITE salsa. It’s really quite mild but there’s a nice flavor of spice in there. And it has the perfect amount (meaning lots) of onion. LOVE.
- ARTICHOKES!!! You guys KNOW I love artichokes. They are my favorite food EVER. But they’re pricey. So of COURSE I love that Trader Joe’s has a TON of affordable artichoke options. And they’re all my favorites. Fresh artichokes, baby artichokes (seasonally at least), canned in water, all kinds of marinated options, bruschetta, and frozen artichokes! Seriously. Whatever you want to make with artichokes, you can do it affordably with TJ’s. The only thing they don’t really have often are those monstrous globe artichokes.
I’m adding one bonus pick for these canneles. I have only gotten them a couple times recently so they don’t feel like they’re in the same category as everything above, but DAMN they are quickly becoming a favorite. My kind of dessert.