Today I’m posting a recipe for fantastic bbq chilli cheese fries and bbq buffalo ranch brussels sprouts that we made a couple weeks ago and I just hadn’t gotten around to getting a post up! But this was such a fun meal and one that I’ll absolutely be posting.
Easy, smoky, amazing chili cheese fries you can make in 20 minutes mostly on your barbecue! Plus Brussels sprouts that were pretty much the best ever. I mean it. Brussels sprouts haters, try them like this! No, really!
I saw these foil packets on Pinterest, but decided to grab a can of vegan chilli from my cupboards and turn them into a full satisfying meal. DE-lish!
- 2 servings frozen French fries
- 1/2 C vegan cheese (whatever kind you want!)
- 1 C vegan chilli (I used Trader Joe's canned vegetarian chilli, it's great!)
- scallions for garnish
- 1 1/2 C Brussels sprouts, halved (big ones quartered)
- 1/2 C buffalo sauce
- 1 T ranch seasoning
- Fold some aluminum foil into a shallow dish (one per person) and spray the bottoms with cooking spray. Fill each dish with a serving of French fries and 1/4 C of vegan cheese. Throw on a grill set at low, close the lid, and grill for about 20 minutes. They get SO smoky, it's fantastic!
- While that's cooking, heat canned chilli on the stove. Top the fries with chilli and scallions.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning, wrap in a foil packet and then stab a few holes in the packet so steam can escape (or you could just leave a little opening at the top, but stabbing it is way more fun.) Cook on low about 20 minutes next to your fries!
- Cheese Fries: Calories: 270; Calories from Fat: 94; Total Fat: 10.5g; Saturated Fat: 2.1g; Sodium: 294mg; Total Carbohydrates: 38.0g; Dietary Fiber: 6.5g; Sugars: 4.3g; Protein: 6.0g
Preston and I both died over how great they were. Plus I am beyond thrilled that the man devoured almost all of the brussels sprouts – I actually had to fight him for enough! Unheard of. We’ll absolutely be making this meal again.
Oh, and did I mention the cleanup? Wad up tin foil, throw it out. 😉