Happy Monday! Here’s a little grapefruit maraschino cocktail if you need happy hour after your Monday back to work… OR for those of you who have the day off, maybe you’ll start your cocktail hour a little early today, eh?
It’s inspired by an awesome cocktail I had at a local bar called The Ernest Hemingway (the name of the cocktail, not the bar…) I was tempted to name it that but worried you’d all think this is a book review post or something… so we’ll call it a Grapefruit Maraschino Cocktail so you know what you’re getting into!
I am all about finding the right balance of sweetness in a drink. I can’t stand a sugary juice-and-grenadine-laden drink anymore, but I also need a little something to cut through your whiskeys and bourbons and whatnot. For me, this cocktail nails it.
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 limes
- 2 ounces maraschino liqueur
- 2 ounces bourbon or whisky
- seltzer water
- maraschino cherries (optional garnish)
- Squeeze juice of grapefruit and limes. (I just did it directly into each serving glass, but you can do this in a martini shaker too!)
- Mix in liqueur and whisky.
- Top glasses off with seltzer water and garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Calories 209; Calories from Fat 6; Total Fat 0.7g; Saturated Fat 0.5g; Sodium 15mg; Potassium 245mg; Total Carbohydrates 23.8g; Dietary Fiber 1.5g; Sugars 22.5g; Protein 1.2g