Happy Monday, friends!
Let’s drink some JUICE today, shall we?
I have always gone through long spells of drinking juice and then long spells of NOT drinking juice. But right when I really started to crave the juice in my life and started making it a little more often here and there, I saw the Suja Juice Solution and found the lovely author Annie’s blog Blawnde and totally fell in love. Such wonderful inspiration to up my juicing game again!
The book recommends very light citrusy juices to start the day, and while they can be quite tart and make for a slow sipping juice, it’s also really made me love putting a LOT more citrus into my juices than I used to.
This bright citrus green juice is a great kind of “in between” my old normal green juice and a brighter lemony morning one. I love the combination.
This week I also seriously prepped for juice all week long. I have a tupperware of pre-peeled citrus, one full of pre-sliced pineapple, one of pre-cut apples, and tonight I’m planning to peel some beets and carrots too 🙂 It is a great way to make juice a bit faster to prepare without making it ahead of time and losing all those awesome nutrients.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 peeled mandarin
- 1 1/2 C spinach
- 1 small Persian cucumber (or 1/3 English cucumber)
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1/2 apple
- Throw everything in your juicer and drink up!
- Another great new tip I learned from this book that I never tried before is diluting your juices - sometimes they can be so strong, but just try adding some filtered water or coconut water! Or even almond milk if you're so inclined!
- Calories: 106.4; Calories from Fat: 6; Total Fat: 0.6g; Sodium: 4mg; Potassium: 301mg; Total Carbohydrates: 28.9g; Dietary Fiber: 2.4g; Sugars: 21.0g; Protein: 2.0g