YASSSS who wants amazing vegan ice cream in their lives?!?!?
With FIVE ingredients.
YAH, I do!
I’m actually super proud of this ice cream because it is one of those recipes I just flung together, hoped for the best, and it turned out creamy and amazing. It’s a really subtle and yummy treat.
And this post has been totally ready to go up for a few days now, but I’ve been sitting on it because I have NOTHING to say. It’s been a kinda weird up-and-down week already. I have zero back story behind this recipe. And it just feels so weird to post without rambling away at first!
But that’s what I’m going to do today. No rambling. Here’s the recipe and some pics 😉
Oh wait, one more ramble – check out how SHORT that ingredients list is! Yeah, man. 😉
- 4 C (one quart) vanilla soy creamer
- 3/4 C brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 C bourbon
- 2 t vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together creamer, 1/4 C sugar, vanilla extract, and a tiny pinch of salt. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a small saucepan, combine the other 1/2 C sugar and the bourbon. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reduces - just a little. The alcohol won't completely cook off in this short amount of time, so if you do want the alcohol to cook out, then let it simmer until it no longer smells like alcohol. Let the mixture cool.
- Pour the creamer mixture into an ice cream maker. Just when the ice cream is done, slowly add the bourbon syrup (it will turn pretty thick when it cools, so use a little rubber spatula.) Let it swirl in (the color of the ice cream and the bourbon syrup are similar so it can be a little hard to tell how mixed in it is.) Put the ice cream into a freezer container and freeze.