ERMAGERRRDDD!!! These are the best, simplest, softest snickerdoodles, guys. I’m loving them a little too much.
I swear, I intend to post healthy recipes again, I even have a few recipes and photos ready to go for healthier recipes. BUT I’m still in the middle of cookie recipe testing before Preston’s office holiday party next week, and I KNOW you guys are not going to want to see cookie recipes in January, so the bombardment will continue just a bit longer… we’ll make up for it with a healthy-recipe-overload month of January 😉
For now, let’s have some snickerdoodles. I wanted to try something a little more classically holiday-ish than my Russian tea cakes or caramel apple oatmeal cookies. Snickerdoodles were first on the list, and I’m crazy about them. They’re just so simple and soft and really hit the spot.
Better yet, these turned out amazingly on the first try. Gotta love that.
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 t cream of tartar
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- cinnamon and sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream softened butter and sugar together until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and stir well. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, and then combine with wet ingredients.
- Shape dough into small balls, about 1.5-2 tablespoons each (I used a mini ice cream scoop.)
- In a shallow bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar to coat the cookies with. Roll dough in sugar and cinnamon to coat, and place on a cooking-sprayed baking sheet, leaving a good inch and a half between each cookie (they'll spread out a nice amount.) Bake just about 6-8 minutes, until the cookies have spread out and are barely starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and immediately place on a cooling rack.
I think you guys will absolutely LOVE these snickerdoodles. Let me know!
I’ve got ginger snaps up next, and then will probably squeeze one more cookie recipe in! Any ideas? What’s your favorite holiday cookie?!