OH HEY, here’s that recipe I totally thought I already shared 😉
A few weeks ago, a sweet friend was telling me that she’s been making quick pickled jalapenos lots lately and throwing them on everything. Well, I immediately had to have that in my life so the next day I made a yummy jar and they were SO EASY and SO GOOD. I still have half the jar and they just taste better and better…
It is such a super quick recipe. (Der… that’s why it’s in the title. Well, that and quick pickling means no cooking and no canning skills required.)
- 2/3 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 C seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 t kosher salt
- enough sliced jalapenos to fill a mason jar
- just a few cloves of garlic (I used about 8)
- Slice your jalapenos, peel your garlic (you could slice the garlic too), and fill whatever container you're going to use to store the jalapenos. In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegars, sugar, and salt, until the sugar and salt dissolve. It really only takes a minute or two!
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar with your jalapenos Let them sit for at least a couple hours, but they will last for WEEKS. I liked them best after a full 24 hours because you can really taste the sweetness, vinegar, AND spice. Before that the spice was still a bit overpowering.
Toss them on salads (they would be DIVINE on my hoisin glazed salmon salad), throw them in adult lunchables for snacks, garnish a seared tuna tower, or just use them on your morning eggs to spice things up a little 😉