Oh hayyyyy, friends! I return from my super long totally unannounced hiatus! Sorry about that one… Long story short: I was in struggle city getting anything other than random personal or off-“brand” posts up. Because, life. But when I clicked onto one of my fave blogs and found myself groaning at HER repeated off-brand posts, I thought it was time to stop doing the same thing on my poor bloggy. So I gave myself a little break to renew my focus.
Anyhow. I’m ALSO renewing my focus on healthy meals and getting in shape for SPRING! (Seriously, soooooo ready for spring like NOW. We’ve had crazy epic rainstorms here, and while I’m beyond grateful because we NEED the rain something serious, I am done with rain.) I did a way better job keeping myself in line this winter than usual, so I’m just taking it up a leeeetle notch 😉
So boyfriend and I are trying out some way more serious meal prep. I thought my weekly workout posts would be WAY more helpful to y’all if I include some workouts, meal prep tips, and quick recipes. So let’s try that out, mmkay? 😉
Here’s what I did last week!
Monday | TIU daily moves + a horrible HIIT workout I made up (3 circuits of: squat jumps, burpees, plank dips, bicycle crunches, jump lunges, mountain climbers, and jumping jacks)
Tuesday | birthday, rest day!
Wednesday | jump rope intervals + back workout
Thursday | legs + abs circuit I made up (that KILLED – and I will post soon)
Friday | rest
Saturday | hike with friends
Sunday | rest
Monday | store-bought curry seitan + rice + TJ’s stir-fry veggies
Tuesday | Thai dinner with the fam (for my birthday!)
Wednesday | Brussels sprouts dinner (was solo, so I ate one of my prepped lunches of the recipe below)
Thursday | pizza roll salad
Friday | sushi date night
Saturday | shrimp tacos (from an amaze-balls random yelped restaurant in Auburn called Joe Caribe)
Sunday | steamed artichoke + frozen breaded shrimp
the meal prep:
I just prepped 2 lunches for myself last week. We got WAY more serious this week, so get ready for that…
** Brussels sprouts recipe below
** Tofu bowls: 3/4 C tofu + 1 C rice + 1 C steamed broccoli + store-bought ginger-soy sauce
I hope y’all like this Brussels sprout recipe! It was one of my favorite dinners, but I made it about once a week for a looong time and poor boyfriend got sick of it. I didn’t. So now it’s a meal prep lunch just for me 😀 Oh, and FYI the pic I used in this post is old and doesn’t include sweet potatoes. So…. in case you were wondering 😉
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 C brussels sprouts, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper
- 2 Tofurkey Italian sausages
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in one tablespoon of the oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes, until you can easily pierce them with a fork (cooking time will vary based on how large or small you chop your veggies.)
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet and crumble the sausages into the oil. Add the garlic, pepper, and salt, and cook about one minute. Stir the sausage mixture and veggies together and portion into 3 servings.
- You can switch up the flavor of this dish really easily. Add any kind of herbs, spices, or sauce you like. I LOVE this with some pesto mixed in.