Pack soy chorizo enchilada bowls for an easy vegan meal-prepped lunch that is healthy but incredibly filling and easy to prepare ahead of time.
Another meal prep post! We are really getting our meal prep game fine-tuned lately. This week (meaning the week that I’m posting about today… meaning last week) we didn’t even spend two hours and prepped breakfasts, snacks, and lunches for both of us for the whole week. And I did two separate lunches for myself so I don’t get bored 🙂
The soy chorizo enchilada bowls I made were sooooo good. And completely filling. (I actually didn’t finish either of them.) It doesn’t hurt that they were smothered with Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce which I’m totally OBSESSED with.
So today I’m starting with the recipe, and you can find the rest of my weekly recap stuffs below!
- 1 t avocado oil
- 1 1/2 C diced peppers and onions
- 1/2 small can diced green chiles
- 2 servings Trader Joe's soy chorizo
- 1/2 C black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 C cooked rice (brown would obvi be healthier but... whatevs)
- Trader Joe's enchilada sauce
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions and saute about 4 minutes. Stir in diced green chiles, soy chorizo, and black beans. Toss to combine and finish cooking the onions and peppers.
- If you are doing this as meal prep, then you obviously don't even have to worry about heating everything through so just cook until the onions and peppers are done to your preference.
- Give it a taste and season if needed (keeping in mind you'll add some enchilada sauce on top.)
- To meal prep: pack in a container with one cup of cooked rice, half of the soy chorizo mixture, and then drizzle (or smother like I did) with enchilada sauce.
Monday | awesome arm workout of a few supersets I made up!
Tuesday | HIIT leg workout
Wednesday | rest day
Thursday | not-so-intentional rest day…
Friday | yoga yoga
Saturday | I can’t remember and think we wound up skipping??? maybe???
Sunday | my faaaaave squats + lunges workout
Monday | Mongolian soy curls + sesame soba noodles (BOTH OF THESE WERE SOOOO GOOOD!)
Tuesday | sweet potato mash + fish + this incredible lime maple sauce
Wednesday | hoisin lettuce wraps
Thursday | veggie burgers
Friday | plain veggie burger before going out with friends + late night sushi roll after that proved insufficient 😀
Saturday | was pretty full from this fantastic late lunch, though I did wind up having a late night bean burrito 😉
Sunday | super simple homemade pizza (with absolutely no veggies… oops.)
the meal prep:
- 2 of these soy chorizo enchilada bowls for my lunches
- 3 of these roasted brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and sausage bowls for my lunches
- chicken & steak fajitas for boyfriend’s lunches (it was super helpful to do this when I had these soy chorizo enchilada bowls because I sliced a ton of peppers and onions for his, then portioned a bit for my lunches, and cooked them back to back in the same pan – and used the other half of the green chiles in his fajita veggies)
- little “adult snackables” (as he likes to think of them) for boyfriend’s snacks – deli meat, cheese, pickled jalapenos (which I totally thought I already posted the recipe for and just realized I didn’t. So. Coming soon. 😉 ), baby bell peppers, and hot & sweet cherry peppers
- my new flapjack-on-the-go kodiak cakes (also coming soon! just have to take some pictures of them after they’re actually cooked!)
Ned either really loves or really hates meal prep. He watches the whole time and waits for us to drop something on the floor that he can race for, but also gets yelled at constantly for trying to sneak into the kitchen….